DAY 1
Rudi and the girls are back in Kelantan. Bik has gone back to Indonesia for a good rest - one month long holiday.
And I have three days to do as I please! I am sure by Merdeka, I will be missing the girls and their Daddy tremendously. But at the moment I am just enjoying myself doing the things I love...writing, rearranging the little corner here and the framed photos there, eating chocolates, dates and acar masak for break fast! Yummy!
Talking to Cruikshank as I please. And drinking raspberry tea.
Heavanly.
DAY 2
I love driving to work on Saturdays. The roads are clear and I can blast the radio as loud as I please. Often on Saturdays, I get to go to work on my own because Friday nights are Rudi's night out with the boys.
With current favorite songs - Kiss me on the phone, Towards Zero by Archuleta and Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait - I think about the things I'd like to get going today. As usual, when I can't write, I create a ridiculous sentence which uses all the key words of my checklist. Inspiration abounds when I am in the shower or while I am driving so this technique works best for me. Today's sentence is:
James Dean kindly reminded Marilyn Monroe and Colbie Callait arising from the M&E works, their white skirt and beautiful hair will not be flying in the breeze as usual.
After my SPM exams, my uncle taught me how to race! It was exhilarating and I suppose, dangerous at the time. But when you are 18, you do not think of things like this. Anyway, my escapades on Saturday mornings remind me of those times...of my James Dean moments...black jackets and all.
Then Rick Astley comes on the radio singing - Never Gonna Give Up On you...
DAY 2
Datin V, Arul, Terry, Evelyn and I work hard at a project close to heart. Creativity, hunger pangs and excited discussions potray the best of our Merdeka spirit, collaboration and contribution.
Tonight, I'll have Doritos for break fast!
DAY 2
Slept at Datin's.
DAY 3
Woke up at 6.30am. Drove back to Rawang and tidied up the garden. Almost cried at my ruined white bed-cover until I had a brilliant idea. Turned it into the breakfast corner round table cover [very expensive tablecover]. The texture was perfect. Also dressed up the sofa with the decade old but in perfect condition blue velvet rug. And matched it with my old made new dusty blue cushions.
The living room looked perfect.
Met Terry at the studio and worked on a mini-documentary on International Women of NAM and another in tribute to local past women leaders.
Came home too tired to do anything. Called Rudi and the kids.
DAY 4
HAPPY MERDEKA.
Started writing an article about all the books that made an impact on me throughout my life. Just finished it 10 hours later.
The family will be home later tonight. Worried about Cruikshank. He hasn't been home at all but there is this pregnant cat who looks like Cruickshank, the similarity is uncanny. It can't be, Cruikshank is a guy! And this She-Cruikshank just stares at me.
I must admit, while I missed them, I truly enjoyed myself.
Had dates, dried apricots and boiled eggs with pepper and kicap for breakfast. I can feel myself slimming down. Must do this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment