It is only natural that May is the month of activities for many of us. There are two holidays - May Day and Wesak to celebrate. Craftmaking comes naturally as Mother's Day and Teacher's Day are celebrated a week apart in May. At Ilena's school, Wet World Day is a must-see must-attend event in May together with Sports Day a week later.
On top of that every year a spate of family movies are released in May.May is also the month of the French Festival. All in all, we watched 5 movies this month alone - Iron Man II, Coco Avant Chanel, L'heure Zero, Shrek - The Final Chapter and Robin Hood! A record for the family.
We had water balloon games, outings to the park, music lessons and the girls had their midterm exams. And Inas had to attend PMR SKOR sessions.
As if that wasn't enough, I was caught in the midst of the Annual Staff Party celebrations, dancing in two dances and practicing everyday.
But best of all, I reached out to old friends this May. Met Faiz after almost 20 years, called Yumiko in Tokyo after a good 10 years and called Hendri in Indonesia for the first time in seven years! I realised that above all else, friendships and family are truly precious. However, we sometimes fail to realise, relationships take effort and time. Time is most elusive and can slip away so much so, before you know it, a decade has passed you by.
It was a good month.
But I need a rest in June. Back to books and poetry, I guess. And writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment