Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bedtime ritual


Picture by Jerome

Bedtime for Ikesha starts in the garden
A stroll under the moonlight and I
Point out to Ikesha the various plants

Yam, birdnest
Ciku, guava
I love Aloe Vera

She piped in

Ciku, pomegranate
Chili, wild ginger, kantan
Limetree, lemongrass

Lovely scents

From jasmine so fragrant
Kasidang in the corner
And favourite citronella

Then, time for bedtime stories
Book after book, I am to read
Until I spy drooping eyelids

Harold and the Purple Crayon
Merliah, the mermaid,
School Bus and Peter Pan

Lullabies the final stretch
To get the girls to bed
Three songs at least

Tidurlah Permaisuri
For lovely Irani
For Ilena, La Nuit

Nina Bobo, for all three
Then This is me
Mamma Mia and finally

Once upon a December

By then all should be fast asleep...

2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

How lovely....and how loving. Lucky little girls with such a sweet mama!

ninotaziz said...

Dear Dear Sherry,
They are lovely! But they will be the last to call me sweet. In their own words, "Very Garang Mak", "Can you be a little less strict?", "Okay mak, okay. You win. You ARE serious."

Garang = Fierce

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails