Sunday, February 06, 2011

Irani at the piano


Our old piano is in severe need of tuning and overhaul. It has served us well ever since Iman took up piano so many years ago. Now one of my greatest joys is listening to Iman and Inas play the piano and violin respectively.

Last Sunday, Irani practiced three songs, Geylang Si Paku Geylang, Allouette and I am a Little Teapot for a recital she had planned with her teacher at school. Ilena practiced her Ode To Joy. Double joy!

Even though one key was out, the music sounded lovely to a mother's ears. And even Bik in the kitchen gave her stamp of approval to Geylang SiPaku Geylang. Irani then sang The Climb and Semporna while Ikesha belted out Insya'allah with the badminton racquet as her guitar!

Rudi and I had a wonderful concert to end the weekend!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Irani was SO excited when she came home after her piano recital at school. Now she has a special place as she is the only one in the class who can play the piano. Her music teacher is now her special anchor.

Suddenly school work in not a chore but something to look forward to. Including maths!

My English teacher was my anchor, Mrs Khaw Choon Ean. I am glad Irani found hers.

3 comments:

Wan Sharif said...

Alhamdulillah for Allah little mercies (Rudi and I had a wonderful concert to end the weekend!) ..
A beautiful weekend, indeed!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

How lovely. I wish I was young enough, you could adopt me:) hee hee.Your daughters are lucky girls!

ninotaziz said...

Dear Ayoh Wang,
Alhamdulillah indeed!

Dear Sherry,
We sacrifice a lot of frills and thrills for life's little pleasures that really matter to us like piano and violin classes. No eating out, no toys except on special occasions. We play badminton, volleyball, football and draw hopscotch on the pavement with chalk - yes, me too! And sometimes I drag the girls out to clean up the neighbourhood playground. Instead of tuition, I personally look into homework.

And a lot of home carpentry and painting! And gardening!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails