Friday, February 18, 2011

Fruits from our garden


Ikesha's favourite cherries


Our nona fruit


The guava is especially good this year

Sunday is my gardening day. We no longer have space on the ground as I do keep a corner empty for our balloon race and water play. So today I bought cheap terracota pots and planted two more pomergranate trees, two chili plants, limau kasturi and one kedondong tree to line the backyard.

I missed our passion-fruit that grew wildly on our back fence so I bought two to see how they will grow again. And I have finally added some colour to our garden having planted red flowering wild gingers, frangipani and cactus.

It was about 11.00am when we finished. Iman and Inas are home so the house is 'riuh-rendah'. Inas made cup-cakes and pizza. The younger sisters are thrilled. Yesterday we ALL went to do our hair including Little Ikesha, our favourite stylist Annie at the neighbourhood salon had her hands full!

A lovely weekend and we are still waiting for Rudi to wake up to take us out for roti canai!

5 comments:

Wan Sharif said...

Cherries is my daughter's favorite, whereas guava is my other half's and Nona is my favorite..
malangnya dah lama tak jumpa buah nona.. ha..ha

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh, so encouraging to view these ripe fruits at the end of a long gray-white winter:) Your lovely garden - in my mind, I fly there, and perch on a bench, to listen to the wind riffling through the trees and the trickle of water from your fountain. Sigh. Lovely!

Al-Manar said...

What a thril it was to see the first durian belanda appearing among the leaves, growing bigger day in and day out, wondering when it was ready for picking. Then one day it was all smashed up on the ground below, having waited one day too long and, now, still waiting - when will the second appear?

ninotaziz said...

Dear Ayoh Wang, Sherry and Pakcik,

You are welcome to our garden anytime. It is a small garden and I am no expert but it gets me up on Sunday morning for a good two hours of digging, weeding and picking whatever is ripe enough to eat!

Unknown said...

That's invariably one of the things I want when I have my own place. A fruit and vegetable garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails