Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ilena, the Origami enthusiast and Ikesha the door painter

Somehow, Ilena fell in love with origami. We always have an abundance of used paper which I collect from here and there. My penchant for writing longhand first has made this necessary.

And so the girls too can get by the whole day working and playing with paper. We make sticker paintings, collages and treasure hunt maps using coffee. Impromptu congak is done on paper. As well as puzzles galore.

Today, Ilena made a swan, a boat, a house, a dog and a snowman! She wants to take it to school on Monday. Ikesha made an ice cream cutout, a painting brush with which she proceeded to paint the door with it [remember, I was busy painting our doors a few weeks back]. And as she used pink paper to make the brush, our doors are now imaginary pink!

6 comments:

Wan Sharif said...

Hai .. you tak tidor ke ape?.. you post this entry at ~4 a.m. Sure envy your life with your daughters.... Alhamdulillah.

ninotaziz said...

This is what I do between sebok menulis hikayat Asia. Another 40 to go! I hope Utusan appreciates my dedication!

ninotaziz said...

Want to finish the book before I go to US next month for a conference. Stressed out with tension!

Al-Manar said...

I wonder how organised or is it disorganised your life is, with children, work, keeping a dozen blog sites, writing, and now conferencing - not to mention a husband to ttend to. Do you ever dream or have time to dream? And you got me involved in your hikayat so and so!

ninotaziz said...

I wonder myself, Pakcik. But an understanding mother, a loving, energetic n supportive husband, a new job with visionary boss, great maid, wonderful kids, cooperative ex husband and his lovely wife...and friends like you make it happen!

ninotaziz said...

Alhamdulillah, I ask for God's blessing each n everyday. Baca ayat Qursi all the way to work as far as possible...petua nenek moyang tak dilupai.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails