.jpg)
Puan Sri Nik Daud called me about a month ago. She suggested that we take the girls to see the Tchaikovsky Special at the Philharmonic. She arranged for the tickets and the days sped towards April in its usual fashion.
Finally Sunday 11th arrived. Iman was at Steffi's and Irani was shopping out for Mak Su's wedding with Tok Wan and her favorite cousin Nelli. I picked everyone up, the girls fussed about what they should wear since jeans were out of the question.
Finally they were all ready. In the car on the way to pick up Puan Sri I was amused to hear the elder sisters telling Irani," Remember not to interrupt when Mak is talking to Puan Sri." "Don't comment about the house or anyone." " And most of all, speak when you are spoken to."
Now mind you, the girls are as boisterous and spunky like any other teenager their age. So I found this really funny. But I must say I was quite surprised at the result. They were more polite than they usually were, or were not.
They enjoyed the performance especiallly the performance by the beautiful concert pianist Alice Sara Ott.
When they arrived home Inas immediately picked up her violin and Iman said perhaps we should tune the piano.
Ah yes, inspired they were.
Irani though - captured Puan Sri's attention. As we were leaving the MPO, Lady Gaga was blaring in the distance. Despite herself she started dancing and Puan Sri urged her on and joined her little jig.
It was a fun day and Puan Sri remarked , "Your girls...they are quite good, Zalina."
Puan Sri was never Lavish with praise unnecessarily, so that made me smile for the rest of the day ...
No comments:
Post a Comment