Saturday, April 10, 2010

REACHING OUT

The girls are at Mom's, Iman is at Steffi's and Inas has her nose burried in Through The Looking Glass on a journey to get to know Alice better.

Rudi is working late so I decided it was just the time for a quick spring cleaning session.

And I ended up reading old letters, including a lovely letter from Mrs Ruth Bowling from many years ago. Mrs Bowling is no longer with us but she forms a hugh part of my memories of Tasmania.

Then I found Yumiko's number and many long letters. Immediately a vision of her smile and cheery disposition came to mind. I called her in Tokyo and after 15 years, there we were chatting cautiously, remembering old times and then warmth broke through.

I decided to make a go at it and immeditely thought of Hendri in Indonesia. Getting to Hendri was a bit tough. After a bit of a search, I found an old number which I called. Turned out, it was his sister who gave me his new number.

It was simply marvellous talking to Hendri and Grace. Shared many updates. Bless the two of them and their family. Looking forward to meeting them one day.

Friendship is too precious. It is never too late to say, "Hello, how are you?"

Like my friend Aimy who said, "Just pick up the phone..."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails