Titanic was one of the first movies Rudi and I went to see together. We were quite enamoured with each other - enough for me to ride pillion on his big red motorbike throughout the night after the movie. With me exclaiming to the world at the top of my voice - I love you Rudi!
One day, Rudi showed up after work and said,'Let's go for a movie." He did not tell me which movie. Finally, he told me he wanted me to watch Moulin Rouge. I loved it to the max and Rudi for taking me to see this wonderful musical.
Rudi brought home the DVD Malena. He thought it was an Italian movie I would enjoy. Here is the inkling that my husband knows me very well, almost better than I know myself. I loved Malena - and I think Rudi wanted me to be his Malena.
I was extremely busy when Puteri Gunung Ledang finally made it to the movies and I missed it. I actually sobbed my heart out. When the DVD came out, Rudi bought it for me. He is such a sweetie at times. I loved the movie - and the musical production in Kuala Lumpur too.
Again, Rudi brought home this DVD - he was sure I would love it. We watched it silently, I could not tear myself away from the screen. The Thai production was mesmerising, absorbing and full of our Malay culture. Until today, one of my favorite all time movie.

Rudi took French classes early this year and he loved it. He brought home Les Choristes as he felt it was good for the whole family. Today, the girls sing Caresse Sur L'Ocean and la Nuit sweetly. We simply adore this movie.
While shopping for Hari Raya, I bought this DVD. And yet, was too busy to watch. Last Sunday, Rudi prompted me and we happily watched the full length movie with Irani. He declared,"That was a good movie."
There are many movies we watch with the children. Tonnes of them. Happy Feet. The Polar Express. Amelie. LOTR Series. Harry Potter Series. Nanny McPhee. Up. Coco Avant Chanel. Inception. But the above movies remind me of certain moments in my life with Rudi.
I love you.
TITANIC
MOULIN ROUGE
MALENA
MOULIN ROUGE
MALENA
PUTERI GUNUNG LEDANG
LANGKASUKA
LES CHORISTES
MY NAME IS KHAN





2 comments:
Oh I love this! Wonderful movies!!!!! I love the vision of you riding behind Rudi on his motorcycle - especially after watching Titanic!!! - how romantic. I am going to track down Malena, as a start. The others look good too. What a feast of wonderful movies!
I also loved The Namesake and I Dreamed of Africa. And The Kite Runner.
Thanks Sherry! I will check out The Namesake - and I Dream Of Africa looks lovely. Of course I know of The Kite Runner but have not had the chance to watch it...
Thanks for sharing a part of your self, Sherry. I appreciate it.
Post a Comment