Sunday, August 01, 2010

The weekend for sisterly bonding


The girls were one generation apart - 2 were savvy and popular teenagers. The three younger ones - one was going through that awkward stage and two were kittenish, cute and naughty. Decidedly, I could see they were at odds with each other. What more with no 1 and no 2 often going off with their Abah to meet the other siblings and family.

I could see the divide getting a tad too uncomfortable for my liking. This week when their Abah wanted to pick up Kak Long and Angah for a family gathering, Irani quipped she wanted to go as well. I decided, okay,let's all go!

Kak Long and Kak Ngah quickly called their grandma who was delighted. I regretted my impulsive decision for a moment as I had never visited since I remarried. Rudi could not be contacted, he was white water rafting and enjoying male bonding with the guys, but he always told me he had no issues if I wanted to visit.

In the end, the excited chatter of the girls told me I made the right decision.

So we drove all the way to Kuang - 5 girls, Bik and me.

It turned out to be simply lovely. The 5 girls always enjoyed the company of the other 2 girls, my ex's daughters and they got along famously. I chit chatted with my three brother in laws especially the youngest one on everything, catching up. Mak Tok was evidently happy I had come to the house finally [they had visited us throughout the years so it wasn't really all that strange after all]. Irma, my ex's wife is a very nice lady - we never really had problems chatting and stuff so that was no problem.

It actually felt very pleasant.More importantly, where Kak Long and Angah disappears to some weekends is no longer a mystery to KakChik, Ilana and Ikesha, and that is important to me.

To continue the sisterly bonding, I took them all out, Bik too, to a movie on Sunday night. To find a movie to suit all five sisters was quite challenging - first choice Nanny McPhee 2 was still not showing - we decided on Despicably Me which turned out to be a lovely no age barred choice. Ikesha looked super adorable in her 3D glasses.

A lovely weekend again! And today, Rudi is home so I took leave so that we can stretch the weekend to include him for a bit...

We live from weekend to weekend - an island of respite in our busy daily lives...

2 comments:

Al-Manar said...

Ninotaziz,
It is truly woderful to see openness in the realationship - true to the saying, buang yang keroh ambil yang jernih. There is just one person missing; I just wonder.
This should be an example to those with marital differences. You have my compliments.

ninotaziz said...

Dear Pakcik,

Hubby Rudi was on his camping trip. Jaf, the girls' Abah actually took his daughter and my two [the youngest two were asleep] to the games/astro room and they were stuck in there for a very long time.

It was a good weekend, untuk mengekalkan silaturrahim.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails